Prepare to receive tons of surprises in the land of Gold, where myriad of glittering pagodas are placed everywhere. At each stop of this Myanmar tour, you will encounter world’s greatest archeological sites and famous landmarks through 10 days that will live up to meet your exact expectations! So, seize the opportunity and look no further than the Expats Holidays, to travel to this country endowing with fabulous scenery.
About This Trip
Price: From 2025 USD / per person
Best time to visit: Autumn
Experience: Culture, Temple
- Spectacular sunset
- Experience Yangon’s dazzling cultural
- Mingle with the local people
Private car: All transfers mention in the itinerary.
Entrance fees: All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
English Speaking guide: Professional guide will accompany you along your trip.
Hotel with breakfast: All accommodations are based on double-occupancy and including breakfast.
Gratuities: Tips for guides and drivers are not included.
Personal expenses: Meals, travel insurance or activities not mention in the itinerary.
Airplane Transport: International or domestic flights and excess baggage charge.
The private tour could be fully customizable based on your preference. Please feel free to chat with our travel constants, they are here to support you!
Day 1: Welcome to Myanmar
- Pick up from the airport.
- Transfer to hotel for check-in.
- Explore Yangon, former capital of Burma by the British and served as the country's political center until 2005, which remains the country's biggest and most bustling city.
- Throw yourself into the fray at Yangon’s geographic heart, the 2,200-year old Sule Pagoda.
- Make your way to Pansodan Street, where you can take in the charm the colonial architecture or chat to active street vendors selling their second-hand books and treasures.
- Head to the religious heart of Myanmar - the magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda.
Day 2: Yangon - Pyay - Sri Ksetra
- Explore the site, which is centered on the remains of the royal palace and, although not much remains of the original city.
- Discover many tombs, palaces, pagodas and other religious sites including the huge, cylindrical, brick-built Baw Baw Gyi Pagoda, which is said to be the oldest Buddhist monument in Myanmar; the Rahanta Cave Pagoda; the Lay Myet Hna monument; and the royal cemetery.
- Enjoy the sunset at the hilltop Shwesandaw Pagoda, in the center of town, one of Myanmar’s biggest pilgrimage sites that offers panoramic views of the Irrawaddy River and lush surroundings.
Day 3: Pyay - Yangon
- Visit the unique Akauk Taung (Customs Hill) Buddha cliff carvings, set on the Irrawaddy River, which is a scenic spot south-west of Pyay where dozens of Buddha images have been carved into the cliff walls overlooking the Irrawaddy.
- Discover the Buddha with Golden Spectacles on the way back to Yangon.
Day 4: Yangon – Mandalay - Mingun
- Transfer to Yangon airport with the driver.
- Take an early morning flight to Mandalay, the last capital of then-Burma’s Konbaung Dynasty until its decline in 1885 at the hands of the British.
- Check out the Mingun Bell, reputed to be the heaviest and largest working bell in the world, across the Irrawaddy River from Mandalay. If you have worked up a hunger wandering the small town of Mingun and its massive unfinished stupa, reward yourself by purchasing some freshly steamed corn on one of the many roadside stalls, which will be the sweetest you have tried.
- Visit Mandalay Palace in Mandalay, the last royal capital of Burma.
- Observe the rituals of the Buddha washing ceremony at the Mahamuni Pagoda (if you can get up at 4am); the Mahamuni Buddha is one of the most revered in the country. The pagoda is also a fantastic place to purchase handcrafted souvenirs at bargain prices.
- Pilgrimage to Mandalay Hill, the highest point of the city and one of Mandalay’s holiest sites; climb the 1729 stairs to reach the top just before a golden sunset.
Day 5: Sagaing - Ava - Amarapura
- Head south-west of Mandalay to one of the ancient capitals of Burma, Sagaing, famous for its many hundreds of white, silver and gold pagodas and monasteries that dot its hilly landscape. It is a short drive from across the mighty Irrawaddy river, and home to many living monasteries that offer stunning vistas of the river below
- Head further south to another ancient capital of Burma, Inwa (Ava). Founded in 1364, Inwa was the royal capital on occasions for more than 400 years. The site is now abandoned to local farmers, with beautiful, crumbling structures lying amongst the paddy fields, contributing directly to the local economy.
- Discover the highlights with a horse and carriage ride that will take you around the elegant Nanmyint watch tower (the 'leaning tower of Ava'), sand-coloured Maha Aungmye Bonzan temple and the teakwood monastery of Bagaya Kyaung.
- Head south of Mandalay and make an offering to the young monks of the Mahagandayon Monastery, which houses an important monastic school.
- Take a stunning sunset stroll down the longest teak bridge in the world, the iconic U Bein Bridge.
Day 6: Mandalay - Bagan
- Come prepared with some warmer gear for an early start from Mandalay to Bagan, which can get quite chilly in the early morning.
- Enjoy your breakfast on the boat and make sure to pack your camera to capture beautiful Irrawaddy riverside scenes.
- Catch up on some reading or writing postcards with the remaining time, as there are some quieter stretches on the water.
Day 7: Bagan
- Arrange a hot air balloon ride that will give you spectacular sunrise views of the Bagan plain (must be booked in advance, at additional cost – valid Oct - Mar).
- Start a full day exploring Bagan at the Ananda Pagoda, dating from the 12th century and famed for its gilded sikhara tower.
- Discover the gubyaukgyi pagoda that has extensive murals of Buddha in his previous lives and the Gawdawpalin or Bupaya pagodas, which are great for sunsets.
- Schedule an afternoon visit to one of the local shops as the area is renowned for its lacquerware
Day 8: Bagan - Inle
- Depart in the morning and fly to Heho airport.
- Transfer by car to characterful Nyaung Shwe, the gateway to Inle Lake.
- Relax with plenty of time left in the afternoon or go for sightseeing around the lake to witness the local Intha anglers employing their traditional one-leg rowing technique.
- Take a sightseeing trip of the floating villages and gardens on a long-tailed boat in the fresh air of the Shan hills.
- Visit locally owned silk weaving and lotus industries in Innpawkhine village before stopping in Nanpan to witness work at a Cheroot (traditional Myanmar cigar) factory.
- Continue the tour to see the revered Phaungdaw Oo Pagoda and stop at Leshae Village to witness the making of a Buddha image using dried flour powder.
Day 9: Inle - Yangon
- Visit the ancient lakeside stupas at Indein and check out handicrafts in Nampan village.
- Explore the floating markets that are a photographer’s dream, if time permits.
- Transfer to airport to fly back to Yangon.
Day 10: Yangon
- Try out some sweet tea laphayet (Myanmar tea) at one of the many downtown teashops on your final day in the country; pair it with some fresh ee char kway, a deep-fried dough snack that somehow is the perfect marriage.
- Walk it off by wandering the streets and grab those last minute presents at Bogyoke Market before heading home. (Bogyoke Market will close every Monday and public holidays).
- Transfer to International Airport for the flight back home.
Pullman Yangon CentrepointPullman Yangon Centrepoint is located in the beautiful downtown Colonial Quarter overlooking Maha Bandoola Park, City Hall and the unique Sule Pagoda, while Bogyoke and the night market are at walking distance.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Free WiFi and a fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- Yangon International Airport 14.5 km
Belmond Governor's ResidenceWith its timeless elegance, palm-fringed walkways and glorious gardens, Belmond Governor's Residence is unmatched among Myanmar event venues. Sit down to a sumptuous banquet in Mindon Lounge; enjoy an intimate meal at Mandalay Restaurant; or opt for a cosy cocktail party at Kipling Bar. Our charming facilities and warm-hearted service ensure celebrations of all sizes are a spectacular success.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 3 dining options and rooms with free WiF
- Spend time in the library
- Yangon International Airport 7.8 miles
Wyndham Grand YangonLocated along the shores of the city-landmark Kandawgyi Lake also known as the Royal Lake, Wyndham Grand Yangon Hotel is a fresh member and the first opening property of famous Wyndham Hotel Group in Myanmar. The surrounding views from the rooms of 20-floor hotel are simply stunning and spectacular over the tranquil Royal Lake and the golden Shwedagon pagoda.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Free WiFi and a garden
- Yangon International Airport 7.8 miles>
Terms & Conditions
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact email@example.com for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.