Get ready to get wet! The Chiang Mai Water Festival Trip will leave you soaked and smiling as you discover the blissful calm broken with squeals of delight and fright as water comes flying your way. Need a break from the water, divulge into the history of Trishaw or marvel at the sheer size of the elephants at the Elephant Sanctuary. Are you ready to get wet?
About This Trip
Price: From 759 USD / per person
Best time to visit: October and April
Experience: Temple, Elephant, Natural, Water Festival
- Sunset at Doi Suthep
- Ethical elephant sanctuary
- Buatong Sticky Waterfall
- Songkran water splash
- The highest spot at Doi Inthanon
- Trishaw old town tour
Private car: All transfers mention in the itinerary.
Entrance fees: All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
English Speaking guide: Professional guide will accompany you along your trip.
Hotel with breakfast: All accommodations are based on double-occupancy and including breakfast.
Gratuities: Tips for guides and drivers are not included.
Personal expenses: Meals, travel insurance or activities not mention in the itinerary.
Airplane Transport: International or domestic flights and excess baggage charge.
The private tour could be fully customizable based on your preference. Please feel free to chat with our travel constants, they are here to support you!
Day 1: Arrive in Chiang Mai
- Pickup at airport and transfer to city hotel.
- 16:00 Meet up at hotel lobby (in Chiang Mai area)
- 17:00 Reach Doi Suthep temple. The most famous temple in Chiang Mai.
- 17:30 The best time to visit the temple in the evening with no crowd.
- 18:00 A new experience to listen to monks' chanting at the temple.
- 18:30 See beautiful the city's viewpoint of Chiang Mai at night.
- 19:00 Drop you off at the hotel.
Day 2: Meet elephants
- 08:15 Meet up at hotel lobby (in Chiang Mai area)
- 09:00 Arrive at the elephant sanctuary, where you can observe and feed the elephants. Learn all about these amazing giants and the work the sanctuary is doing to help them.
- 12:00 Let's have lunch together. We'll be getting some tasty Thai food, so you're all full for your next activity!
- 13:00 Join the elephants in a mud bathing session. Sink your feet in the mud and have a splash!
- 14:00 Get ready to leave the elephant sanctuary and return to your hotel. I hope you had a wonderful day with the elephants!
Day 3: Natural in Chiang Mai
- 09:00 Meet up at hotel lobby (in Chiang Mai area)
- 10:30 Let's visit the sticky waterfall first! We will have around 2 hours to enjoy exploring and swimming at the waterfall. After that, it's your lunchtime at our selected authentic local restaurant. You can choose your own preference: meat lover or vegetarian. Then, I will drive you back to Chiang Mai City.
- 15:00 Here, we will start the Tuk Tuk tour around Chiang Mai city. Our first stop will be at the temple, and we will sprinkle water onto A Buddha image. Then, it's time to ride on Tuk Tuk, join splashing water and water gun fight around canals ( Chiangmai city )
- 18:00 It's time to drop you off at your hotel.
Day 4: Discover Doi Inthanon National Park
- 08:00 Meet up at hotel lobby (in Chiang Mai area)
- 10:00 Arrive at the highest spot in Thailand, which is 2,565 meters above sea level! Let's take pictures!
- 10:30 Hike on the nature trail for about 3.3 km (2-3hours) through the preserved green forest. You enjoy the mountain view!
- 12:30 Let’s have lunch.
- 13:30 Drive to twin pagoda built to honor the 60th birthday anniversary of King Rama IX and his queen. Visit the garden to see beautiful scenery and take pictures!
- 14:30 Go shopping and walk around the Hmong hill tribe market!
- 15:00 Relax at the Wachirathan waterfall!
- 15:30 Drive back to your hotel.
- 17:00 Arrive at your hotel.
Day 5: Goodbye Chiang Mai
- 08:00 Meet up at the hotel lobby (in Chiang Mai area). Let's go to Warorot Market by local red truck.
- 08:15 Arrive at Warorot Market, a great place to get to know the local lifestyle. Let's try the local breakfast, deep-fried dough stick with soy milk and walk over the bridge to see the Ping River, the main river of Chiang Mai.
- 09:00 Take a trishaw from Warorot Market and travel to Chiang Mai old city.
- 09:15 Visit the oldest temple in Chiang Mai’s old city "Wat Chiang Man". Let's see the beautiful mural painting about the history of the Lanna Kingdom on the temple's wall.
- 10:00 See Chiang Mai through the local's eyes by a trishaw and make a brief stop at Three Kings Monument at the center of Chiang Mai’s old city.
- 10:30 Arrive at the second oldest temple in Chiang Mai old city "Wat Phra Singh", the most beautiful Lanna style temple in Chiang Mai.
- 11:30 Our trip ends here. drop you at the hotel
- Transfer to Airport.
Terms & Conditions
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.