Experience the unique culture of Luang Prabang in Laos for 5 days with the UNESCO-protected destinations. This tour is well- worth a visit for both the backpackers and those who seek for fun educational experience of the sacred symbols and ancient temples, often represented as the ‘Jewel in Laos Crown’.
About This Trip
Price: From 995 USD / per person
Best time to visit: Spring and Autumn
Experience: Culture, Temple
- Spiritual Baci ceremony
- Learning about the Ethnic diversity
- Traditional pottery making
Private car: All transfers mention in the itinerary.
Entrance fees: All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
English Speaking guide: Professional guide will accompany you along your trip.
Hotel with breakfast: All accommodations are based on double-occupancy and including breakfast.
Gratuities: Tips for guides and drivers are not included.
Personal expenses: Meals, travel insurance or activities not mention in the itinerary.
Airplane Transport: International or domestic flights and excess baggage charge.
The private tour could be fully customizable based on your preference. Please feel free to chat with our travel constants, they are here to support you!
Day1: Welcome to Laos
- Pick up from the Luang Prabang airport.
- Transfer to the Hotel.
- Visit the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture.
- Climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic sunset view of the city and the Mekong River.
- Join a private Baci ceremony at a local family, a traditional ritual of the Lao people that express spirituality of the country and highly memorable experience with a deep insight into Lao culture for the participants.
Day 2: Luang Prabang
- Visit Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts.
- Join the seminars of “Ethnic Diversity and Cultural Change in Laos”, a fascinating 60-minute presentation and question-and-answer session gives background on Laos' ethnic communities, history, and cultural practices, including livelihoods and crafts.
- Drive out of the city to visit Ban Xangkhong, the Thai Lue village, famous for its arts and crafts.
- Join the demonstration of the process of making the Saa paper, a special handmade paper of Lao people, made from mulberry tree.
- Transfer back to the hotel.
- Note: TAEC closes on Monday
Day 3: Luang Prabang
- Participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents, a unique tradition in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession.
- Take a short visit to the morning local market near the Royal Palace.
- Transfer to Ock Pop Tok Living Craft Center, which is set on the grounds of stunning tropical garden on the Mekong to learn more about this unique Lao art.
- Join 2.5–hour hands-on workshop & learning experience, a great introduction to the world of Lao textiles where visitors get to try a bit of everything and dye their own scarf.
- Board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious of Pak Ou Caves.
- Stop at the village of Ban Xanghai along the way, where the locals make rice wine.
Day 4: Luang Prabang
- Enjoy a 15-minute leisurely boat trip down the Mekong River (please be at the pier at 8:45 as The Pha Tad Ke boat departs Ban Wat That at 9:00).
- Enjoy a short presentation about the gardens upon arrival at Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden reception.
- Visit Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden walking through the Arboretum, Palm Garden and Bamboo Garden to our viewpoint that overlooks the rice fields.
- Take the boat back to Luang Prabang and transfer directly to the beautiful Kuang Si waterfalls, which is the biggest in the Luang Prabang area with three tiers leading to a 50-metre drop into spectacular azure pools before flowing downstream.
- Refresh at the cool clear water, hike to the top of the waterfalls or walk to the nearby village of Ban Thapene and explore the hidden waterfalls, which is rarely visited by other tourists.
- Take a short visit to the Bear Rescue Center as well, if you wish.
Day 5: Luang Prabang
- Stroll around the resort and the nearby village, or just relax at the inviting pool before taking the departure flight.
Avani+ Luang Prabang HotelFind your Zen. Step into the open plan rooms of our hotel in Luang Prabang that ease you into a sense of calm with teak flooring, indigenous fabrics and sleek design. Open the French louvred doors onto your private balcony or terrace with verdant green or pool-blue views that surround the hotel. Laos getaways await where you can enjoy the comforts of home and more, with a blissful rain shower, coffee machine and wall-mounted flat screen TV.
- 100 feet long swimming pool
- Free WiFi is offered throughout the property
- Free private parking
- Luang Prabang International Airport 1 miles
- Oudomxay Airport 6 miles
Pullman Luang PrabangLandscaped pathways and meandering streams. Ponds, paddy fields and shimmering pools. The setting is idyllic. The architecture, a contemporary nod to traditional Lao terraced housing. In the midst of all the greenery, semi-detached villas all turn to face the misty mountains.
- Swimming pool and fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- Children's playground
- Luang Prabang International Airport 5 miles
- Oudomxay Airport 1 miles
Villa Maly Boutique HotelA Destination unto itself - once the home of Lao royalty, Villa Maly is today an exquisite boutique hotel, surrounded by a lush abundant tropical garden. The rooms are elegant and comfortable with a hint of history and creative touches. Its wonderful location is situated in the historic Unesco protected zone amongst other stately homes.
- Outdoor pool
- Welcome drink and cool towel
- Luang Prabang International Airport 2 miles
- Oudomxay Airport 7 miles
Burasari Heritage Luang PrabangBurasari Heritage invites you to enjoy a classic Indochinese experience in Luang Prabang, Asia’s most celebrated UNESCO World Heritage city. Located on a tranquil riverside lane, Burasari Heritage blends classic French colonial aesthetics with the warmth and coziness of traditional Lao teakwood houses.
- Welcome drink and cool towels
- Luang Prabang International Airport 4 miles
- Oudomxay Airport 2 miles
Terms & Conditions
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact email@example.com for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.