Connect with Expats Holidays to go on an incredible journey to Melbourne, the cultural capital of Australia, known for its music, art and coffee. 6 days in Melbourne allows you to explore the mighty Great Ocean Road, famous 12 apostles, Phillip Island’s penguin parade, exotic wild life in Healesville and more. The city itself is a great opportunity to take so many day tours, which showcases a curious mix of nature and metro society alike.
About This Trip
Price: From 652 USD / per person
Best time to visit: Spring, Summer, Autumn
Experience: Nature, Philip Island, Puffing Billy Steam Train, Hiking
- Embrace Great Ocean Road
- Impressive Penguin Parade
- Explore Australian wildlife
- Experience Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Indulge in Australian Gourmet
Private car: All transfers mention in the itinerary.
Entrance fees: All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
English Speaking guide: Professional guide will accompany you along your trip.
Hotel with breakfast: All accommodations are based on double-occupancy and including breakfast.
Gratuities: Tips for guides and drivers are not included.
Personal expenses: Meals, travel insurance or activities not mention in the itinerary.
Airplane Transport: International or domestic flights and excess baggage charge.
The private tour could be fully customizable based on your preference. Please feel free to chat with our travel constants, they are here to support you!
Day 1: Welcome to Melbourne!
- Pickup from the airport.
- Stay overnight in the hotel.
Day 2: Melbourne Special
- Pickup early (8:00 AM) from the hotel.
- Learn about the western expansion of Melbourne as you make your way out of the city.
- Enjoy a morning tea stop (own expense) in a country township.
- Discover the 12 Apostles rising out of the Southern Ocean, which is a group of limestone pillars carved into caves, then arches, and eventually battered down into 45-metre (150-foot) tall columns by the waves and wind.
- Walk along the boardwalk and enjoy the scenery from various viewing platforms.
- Observe the Loch Ard Gorge in the Port Campbell National Park, which is flanked by two yellow-washed cliff faces and tufts of vibrant greenery and looks like something out of a storybook.
- Enjoy lunch at Port Campbell (own expense), a colorful and lively seaside village, which is home to restaurants and cafes with views of the beach.
- Visit the Apollo Bay, a seafood village embraced by tranquil beaches, rolling green hills and the Great Otway National Park.
- Stop by the Memorial Arch, a tribute to the World War One servicemen who built the Great Ocean Road.
- Spot the spectacular night lights of Melbourne as you cross the West Gate Bridge on your return.
- Return to the hotel in Melbourne in the evening (around 8:00pm).
Day 3: Adventure at Philip Island
- Pickup from the hotel.
- Get in touch with wildlife at Maru Koala & Animal Park, where you can cuddle up close and take selfies with many of the animals.
- Enjoy hand feeding and patting the kangaroos and wallabies, including rare albinos and spot wombats, Tasmanian devils, dingoes, talking parrots, the crocodile, reptiles and more in the animal park.
- Visit the Nobbies Centre, home of the interactive Antarctic journey, along with spectacular clifftop boardwalks and views to the Nobbies and Seal Rocks.
- Head to Penguin Parade Visitor Centre, the daily parade of little penguins at Phillip Island Nature Park. Line the observation boardwalks at dusk to see them race up Summerland Beach to their burrows and bring warm clothing year-round, as the nights on the beach can be cool. (Consider upgrading to one of the premium viewing options , see Optional Add-On)
- Enjoy dinner at Cowes (own expense, summer only) and celebrate life by the water.
- Soak up the seaside holiday vibe in Cowes, Phillip Island’s commercial hub, which positively bustles during the holiday season.
- Return to the hotel in Melbourne at night (around 10:30pm)
Day 4: Journey Aboard
- Pickup from the hotel.
- Enjoy a delicious traditional Devonshire Tea (included) of scones served warm with jam and cream, and tea or coffee served in china cups at Grants on Sherbrooke , a restaurant located in Dandenong Ranges, where you can hand-feed some of the most striking Australian birds such as the colorful Crimson Rosella, Sulphur-crested Cockatoo and Pink-chested Galah (seed provided).
- Take a 30-minute ride from Belgrave to Menzies Creek on Puffing Billy Steam Train.
- Breathe in the cool mountain air through the open-sided carriages of one of the world's finest preserved steam railways.
- View the towering Mountain Ash trees and beautiful gullies of Sherbrooke Forest as you travel and you can even dangle your legs over the side of the open carriages (kids love it).
- Learn about the local Wurundjeri Aboriginal Culture, traditions and stories of the dreamtime and be amazed at the didgeridoo’s mastery making of Boomerang that can really fly.
- Enjoy lunch at one of the three cafés at Healesville Sanctuary (Own expenses).
- Explore Healesville Sanctuary, a zoo that has a history of breeding native animals such as wallabies, wombats, dingoes, kangaroos, and over 200 native bird varieties and one of only two places to have successfully bred a platypus.
- Experience “Kangaroo Country”, the “Spirits of the Sky” show and “Tales from Platypus Creek” in the zoo, with a volunteer guide, who will escort you while visiting.
- Return to the hotel in Melbourne in the evening (around 5:30pm).
Day 5: Magical Mornington
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Try some cheese at Main Ridge Dairy, the only large commercial goat dairy and farmhouse cheesery operating on the Peninsula that produces the highest quality milk, which is later handmade into a range of farmhouse cheeses.
- Explore the popular wines at T’Gallant winery, where you can find the grape variety Pinot Grigio, from Northern Italy planted in Australia, and also popular in the United States.
- Visit Mock Red Hill, a well-established, family-owned for over five generations, certified Bio-Dynamic apple orchard and processing facility, which has been producing high quality, Bio-dynamic (enhanced organic) fresh fruit, apple juice, apple ciders and apple cider vinegar for the local region.
- Enjoy Lunch at Flinders (own expense) , a charming seaside village to have good food, view spectacular landscapes, buy local art and craft, and serene bush walks to ocean water sports.
- Head to Mornington Peninsula Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, a petite new destination for chocolate lovers and explore the operating chocolate factory.
- Taste the essence of Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm, the largest producer of strawberries in Australia.
- Explore the fields , taste the strawberries dipped in chocolate sauce and pick fruit from the strawberry field if you happen to drop in between November to April (own expense).
- Walk along the seashore watching the kids splashing in the calm and quiet waters of Dromana Beach, a great holiday spot on the Mornington to stretch back on the gently sloping sand with a book in hand.
- Return to the hotel in Melbourne in the evening (around 5:45pm).
Day 6: Goodbye Amazing Sydney!
- Pick up from the Hotel.
- Transfer to the Melbourne Airport.
Grand Hyatt MelbourneOne of the finest 5-star properties in Melbourne, Grand Hyatt Melbourne had a recent renovation, offering a newly completed lobby, restaurant, and bar. Melbourne's largest luxury hotel boasts 547 guestrooms that are furnished with Hyatt, custom-made beds and Egyptian cotton linen, as well as spectacular views of Melbourne.
- Great variety of services and facilities
- Melbourne City view
- Close to popular landmarks
- Convenient transportation
- Essendon Airport (MEB) 11.7km
- Melbourne Airport (MEL) 19.3km
Crown TowersRising above Melbourne’s vibrant Southbank precinct, Crown Towers offers spacious luxury rooms with views of the city or Port Phillip Bay. Each room features original artworks and marble bathrooms. Each room includes a large plasma-screen TV with laptop video-on-demand system, an iPod docking station, and a separate dressing room. The city and bay views are framed by floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Variety services and facilities
- City and Port Phillip Bay view
- Entertainment Complex
- Close to around attractions
- Essendon Airport (MEB) 12km
- Melbourne Airport (MEL) 19.7km
Brady Hotels Central MelbourneBrady Hotels Central Melbourne is located on the edge of Melbourne’s bustling and vibrant central business district. Just a stone’s throw from local iconic landmarks such as the State Library of Victoria, Old Melbourne Gaol, China Town at Little Bourke Street, or the Greek and Italian precinct of Lygon Street, you are sure to find yourself completely immersed in all of Melbourne’s rich cultural offerings.
- Easy access to around facilities
- Modern ambiance
- Essendon Airport (MEB) 10.8km
- Melbourne Airport (MEL) 18.4km
Oaks on William, MelbourneConveniently located on the edge of the city’s dynamic business district, opposite the iconic Flagstaff Gardens. With the atmosphere against a backdrop of outstanding shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences, the property is well located within the heart of the legal, education, and medical precinct, being an ideal choice for both leisure and business guests seeking quality accommodation and a prime city address.
- Home ambiance
- Garden view
- Great location
- Essendon Airport (MEB) 10.7km
- Melbourne Airport (MEL) 18.3km
Terms & Conditions
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact email@example.com for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.