Discover the best of New Zealand’s North Island with Expats Holidays as we take you to see the best of what New Zealand’s North Island has to offer. Experience a once-in-a-lifetime adventure to explore New Zealand’s largest cities and to venture across the beautiful countryside. This fun-filled week will leave you wanting more, and it must be said that this North Island round trip is a must-do for everybody travelling to New Zealand.
About This Trip
Price: From 1259 USD / per person
Best time to visit: Spring, Summer and Autumn
Experience: Hiking, Natural, Family-friednly, Nice for couple
- Explore New Zealand’s wildlife
- Gaze at the Waitomo Glow-worm caves
- Uncover Lord of the Rings magical Hobbiton
- Enjoy Auckland and Wellington’s cultural sights
- Travel across New Zealand’s diverse countryside
- Discover Maori culture and New Zealand’s fascinating past
Private car: All transfers mention in the itinerary.
Entrance fees: All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
English Speaking guide: Professional guide will accompany you along your trip.
Hotel with breakfast: All accommodations are based on double-occupancy and including breakfast.
Gratuities: Tips for guides and drivers are not included.
Personal expenses: Meals, travel insurance or activities not mention in the itinerary.
Airplane Transport: International or domestic flights and excess baggage charge.
The private tour could be fully customizable based on your preference. Please feel free to chat with our travel constants, they are here to support you!
Day 1: Welcome to Auckland
- Pick-up from the airport.
- Free time – we recommend walking to the Sky Tower and starting your trip with an indulgent high class meal in the Sky Towers’ Sugar Club Restaurant.
- Overnight stay in Auckland Hotel
Day 2: Auckland city escape
- Begin your tour at Auckland’s gateway, Harbor Bridge where you will continue towards the “prettiest seaside village” of Devonport and North Heads volcanic field.
- Venture through Auckland’s past as you visit Auckland’s museum and war memorial before you travel to historic sights such as Bastion Point, Mission Bay and Achilles Point.
- Explore Auckland’s volcanic blue lagoon at Orakei Basin and relax at Auckland Domain and ferneries.
- You will be amazed at the largest marina in the Southern hemisphere close to Westhaven and continue to explore Auckland’s newest regenerated harbor.
- Finish your Auckland tour with a relaxing drive to Kumeu, Auckland’s winemaking region and the small working-class towns of Waimauku, Riverhead and Coatesville to immerse yourself in the rural life of Auckland.
- Drop-off at your chosen hotel in Auckland.
Day 3: Waitomo glow-worm cave experience
- You will embark upon a guided journey of Hobbiton, the famous film-set of Lord of the Rings with an expert tour-guide.
- Be fascinated as the magical world of Hobbiton comes to life and take photos in front of the famous spots such as the Hobbit holes, the Shire and the Green Dragon Inn where you can enjoy a complimentary beverage before your departure
- You will be driven to the spectacular glow worm caves where you will be captivated by the thousands of magical glow worms as you glide gently by boat through the caves.
- The worms are stalactites, stalagmites and thousands of tiny worms that make the walls appear as if they are glowing. Enjoy a café-style lunch before your journey back to Auckland.
- Drop-off at your Auckland hotel.
Day 4: Tamaki Maori Village Experience
- As you travel by coach deep into the heart of an ancient tawa forest, your driver guide will explain the protocol for entering a Māori village as manuhiri (visitors). Upon arrival, experience a powhiri (formal welcome ceremony) before entering the village. After a fearsome challenge by a group of warriors and the exchange of a peace offering, you will be warmly greeted and brought onto the marae (meeting house area) with songs and dance.
- Step inside the village and be transported into another world. Discover the sights and sounds of pre-European Māori life as the villagers demonstrate traditional Māori activities and crafts.
- See your Māori hangi meal being lifted from the earth, where it has been steamed underground on hot stones.
- Next, enter the ancestral meeting house for a powerful cultural performance. Song and dance are an integral part of Māori culture. experience the famous haka war dance and impressive poi dancing and hear the soul-stirring harmonies of traditional waiata (songs). After the performance, enjoy a three-course buffet feast included in the price.
- You'll have time to relax and chat to your hosts or wander around the tribal marketplace before your cultural tour ends with the poroporoaki, an official closing ceremony.
- Your guide will drop you off to your accommodation but feel free to ask questions as they are local and very experienced.
Day 5: Wellington city exploration
- Wellington Wind Turbine and Mount Victoria lookout – Enjoy stunning views of all of Wellington from these high points.
- Owhiro bay - Check out the wild south coast beaches, with good views of the South Island and visit the Te Kopahou Reserve Visitor Centre.
- Weta - Visit the Weta Cave, come face to face with characters, props and displays from your favorite movies followed by a visit to its souvenir shop.
- Oriental Bay - Check out the sea, sand and wind at Oriental Bay. Marvel at the houses perched on the hill above our purpose-built inner-city beach.
- Cuba Street District - Taste boutique coffee and sample food in Leeds St. Experience the funky Cuba Street shops.
- Wellington Cable Car - Ride the cable car without having to queue for tickets. Check out the views, the cable car museum and the Victorian perfumery.
- Parliament Buildings, Old St Paul’s Cathedral and the Botanic Gardens.
- You will be dropped off at your hotel by your guide to rest for your next day of adventures, or some night life can be recommended by the expert guides, do not hesitate to ask.
Cross country journey aboard the scenic train
Grand Millennium HotelWelcome to Grand Millennium Auckland, superbly located in the city centre close to Queen Street and Viaduct Harbour. Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, you will appreciate being situated in the very heart of cosmopolitan Auckland with some of the city’s finest dining, shopping and entertainment venues at your doorstep. Also nearby are landmark venues: The Civic, Auckland Town Hall and Aotea Square, the city's largest outdoor civic space where you can relax and often attend local events.
- Great variety of services and facilities
- Harbor view
- Close to popular landmarks
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- Auckland airport – 27km
Stamford Plaza AucklandThe Stamford Hotel is ideally located in the heart of Auckland CBD (Central Business District), 8 minutes’ walk from shopping and fine dining on Queen Street. Vector Arena is a 15-minute walk away.
- Heated indoor pool and fitness center with harbor views
- Close to around attractions
- 2 in-house restaurants
- Auckland airport – 27km
Intercontinental WellingtonThe 5-star InterContinental Wellington is located by the harbor waterfront, just 5 miles from Wellington International Airport. It offers an exclusive club lounge, a fitness center, 2 restaurants and a bar.
- Easy access to landmarks
- Variety facilities and services
- Award-winning restaurant
- Wellington Airport – 7.8km
Princes Gate RotoruaThe Princes Gate is a historical, boutique-style hotel in the center of Rotorua. This classical 4.5-star hotel is opposite the Polynesian Spa and the famous Government Gardens.
- Complimentary wi-fi
- Convenient location
- 350ft from city center
- historical boutique style
- The Rotorua International Airport is just a 15-minute drive from the historically boutique Prince's Gate Hotel.
Terms & Conditions
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact email@example.com for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.