Enjoy a unique holiday at the town of Luang Prabang – UNESCO- protected world heritage site, lies in the outstanding Laos. Experience a fusion of traditional and modern by visiting numerous temples and monasteries, discovering ancient architectures and colonial buildings, exploring the natural beauty of its surroundings and especially having fun with the adorable giants at the Elephant Conservation Center for one whole week.
About This Trip
Price: From 1,125 USD / per person
Best time to visit: Spring and Autumn
Experience: Culture, Temple
- Emerging into the spirit of Laos
- Cruising the mighty Mekong River
- Exploring the nature of Luang Prabang
- Elephant Conservation Center
Private car: All transfers mention in the itinerary.
Entrance fees: All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
English Speaking guide: Professional guide will accompany you along your trip.
Hotel with breakfast: All accommodations are based on double-occupancy and including breakfast.
Gratuities: Tips for guides and drivers are not included.
Personal expenses: Meals, travel insurance or activities not mention in the itinerary.
Airplane Transport: International or domestic flights and excess baggage charge.
The private tour could be fully customizable based on your preference. Please feel free to chat with our travel constants, they are here to support you!
Day 1: Welcome to Luang Prabang
- Pick up from the airport.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Visit the magnificent Wat Xiengthong, a wonderful masterpiece of Lao temple architecture.
- Take a short walk around the small streets of city center if time permits and observe the life of local people.
- Visit the Royal Palace Museum, built in 1904 during the French colonial era for King Sisavang Vong and his family.
- Climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic sunset view of the city and the Mekong River.
- Join a private Baci ceremony at a local family, a traditional ritual of the Lao people that expresses the spirituality of the country and highly memorable experience with a deep insight into Lao culture for the participants.
Day 2: Luang Prabang
- Visit the city’s oldest temple of Wat Sene.
- Embark on the leisurely cruise upstream on the Mekong River.
- Reach the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, a 16th-century cave monastery filled with thousands of Buddha images, which locates 25 Kilometers North of Luang Prabang in the limestone cliffs overlooking the Mekong River.
- Stop enroute at Ban Muang Keo, a well-known village for its traditional Lao rice whisky distilling.
- Arrive back in Luang Prabang.
- Visit Wat Mai, one of the most beautiful temples of Luang Prabang.
- Drop by the Traditional Art and Ethnology Center (closed on Monday) to learn about Laos’ many ethnic cultures.
Day 3: Luang Prabang
- Enjoy a 15-minute leisurely boat trip down the Mekong River (please be at the pier at 8:45 as The Pha Tad Ke boat departs Ban Wat That at 9:00).
- Visit Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden walking through the Arboretum, Palm Garden and Bamboo Garden to our viewpoint that overlooks the rice fields.
- Drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall, which is the biggest in the Luang Prabang area with three tiers leading to a 50-metre drop into spectacular azure pools before flowing downstream.
- Take a short visit to the Bear Rescue Center.
- Stop by the Ock Pop Tock Living Craft Center, on the way back to the town.
Day 4: Luang Prabang - Elephant Conservation Center
- Drive to the meeting point where you will join the minivan of the Elephant Conservation Center for the transfer to Xayabouly (about 90KM).
- Transfer to the center by boat once you arrive at the pier at Nam Tien Lake.
- Catch a quick glimpse of elephants while the boat docks.
- Have some time to install yourself in your private bungalow before lunch is served.
- Enjoy a Laotian style meal.
- Visit the Center’s facilities and learn about the ongoing projects from your guide.
- Get to know the projects, the veterinarian and biologist will take you into their world and explain during the hospital visit.
- Meet the mahouts, who will show you how to get on and off the elephant with the commands they use.
- Take some time to take in the surroundings from the viewpoint, go for a swim in the lake, or visit the museum before dinner.
Day 5: Elephant Conservation Center
- Get up-close to the elephants in the forest, who goes for another bath after spending the night grazing in the jungle.
- Enjoy strolling together with these magnificent creatures in their natural environment.
- Interact freely during a big part of the day with the elephants once they are brought to the socialization area, an area that recreates a semi-natural living environment for the elephants.
- Have lunch at one of the viewing platforms and have some time to let everything sink in.
- Spot the resident mother and baby at the nursery following the forest picnic and get a chance to walk the elephant back to the forest.
Day 6: Elephant Conservation Center - Luang Prabang
- Listen to the short presentation delivered by the guide and biologist on the enrichment activities, which is a dynamic process for enhancing animal environments within the context of the animal’s behavioral biology, where they provide cognitive enrichment in the form of hidden food, toys, a mud bath etc. to the elephants for mental stimulation and activeness.
- Take time to pack your bags and say goodbye to the staff after lunch.
- Have a glance over the scenery for one last time.
- Drive back to Luang Prabang.
- Transfer to the hotel.
Day 7:Luang Prabang
- Feel free to stroll around the town for your own exploration before taking the departure flight.
Avani+ Luang Prabang HotelFind your Zen. Step into the open plan rooms of our hotel in Luang Prabang that ease you into a sense of calm with teak flooring, indigenous fabrics and sleek design. Open the French louvred doors onto your private balcony or terrace with verdant green or pool-blue views that surround the hotel. Laos getaways await where you can enjoy the comforts of home and more, with a blissful rain shower, coffee machine and wall-mounted flat screen TV.
- 100 feet long swimming pool
- Free WiFi is offered throughout the property
- Free private parking
- Luang Prabang International Airport 1 miles
- Oudomxay Airport 6 miles
Pullman Luang PrabangLandscaped pathways and meandering streams. Ponds, paddy fields and shimmering pools. The setting is idyllic. The architecture, a contemporary nod to traditional Lao terraced housing. In the midst of all the greenery, semi-detached villas all turn to face the misty mountains.
- Swimming pool and fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- Children's playground
- Luang Prabang International Airport 5 miles
- Oudomxay Airport 1 miles
Villa Maly Boutique HotelA Destination unto itself - once the home of Lao royalty, Villa Maly is today an exquisite boutique hotel, surrounded by a lush abundant tropical garden. The rooms are elegant and comfortable with a hint of history and creative touches. Its wonderful location is situated in the historic Unesco protected zone amongst other stately homes.
- Outdoor pool
- Welcome drink and cool towel
- Luang Prabang International Airport 2 miles
- Oudomxay Airport 7 miles
Burasari Heritage Luang PrabangBurasari Heritage invites you to enjoy a classic Indochinese experience in Luang Prabang, Asia’s most celebrated UNESCO World Heritage city. Located on a tranquil riverside lane, Burasari Heritage blends classic French colonial aesthetics with the warmth and coziness of traditional Lao teakwood houses.
- Welcome drink and cool towels
- Luang Prabang International Airport 4 miles
- Oudomxay Airport 2 miles
Terms & Conditions
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.