Explore the enchanting beauty of the Himalayas in the land of the Thunder Dragon with our 8-day travel plan to Bhutan. Learn about the exotic culture and observe the beautiful traditions while catching spectacular views of glorious Thimphu, majestic Punakha, gorgeous Gangtey and stunning Paro, rich in both natural and historical aspects. A magical holiday for both first-time visitors and expats alike.
From 4,642 USD / per person
Best time to visit:
Three meals a day
English speaking Guides
All museum entry fees and taxes
Excess baggage charge
Welcome to Bhutan
- Pick up from the airport.
- Stop for a while to stretch your legs.
- Experience a beautiful view across an early 15th century iron Chain Bridge, which was built by one of the great saint from Tetbit called Thangtong Gyelpo.
- Transfer to the Hotel straight away.
- Drive toward the giant Buddha statue on a commanding hilltop with a panoramic view of Thimphu City, a gigantic Shakyamuni Buddha statue in the mountains of Bhutan celebrating the 60th anniversary of fourth king Jigme Singye Wangchuck.
- Explore the statue houses, which have over one hundred thousand smaller Buddha statues.
- Visit Chari Monastery, a very pleased hike with early morning chirrups of birds, swaying resonance of pine branches and dewy-draught of aromatic air.
- Discover the shrines as well as observe the monks in their academic session while at the monastery.
- Drive to the national Takin Zoo.
- Explore over forty Takins inside the zoo, Takin is the national animal of Bhutan that has the combination of cow and sheep.
- Drop by the Nunnery, where both young and elderly women are immensely devoted to seeking their spiritual path. This is the only nunnery in Thimphu and one of the most renowned one in Bhutan.
- Stop at the National Memorial Stupa, which was built in 1974 in memory of the third King, who is known as the Father of Modern Bhutan.
Thimphu - Punakha
- Visit the folk heritage museum in the morning that will give the clear picture of a village life.
- Head to the Traditional papermaking factory and observe how famous Bhutanese handmade paper is made from the bark of a plant called Daphne.
- Drive to Punakha via Dochula pass that spans over 2300 to 2800 meters.
- Visit the Victory Temple and the 108 Victory Stupas at the pass, which were built in memory of our great and miraculous victory of the mighty Indian Insurgents who intruded our country and infested our southern Jungles.
- Drive to the base of Khamsum Yuley Namgyel.
- Hike through the lush chair pine, which will take about 40 minutes up, and 20 Minutes down.
- Get a good view of the Punakha Valley when you reach the pinnacle of the hill.
- Visit the fortress of Punakha, one of the most beautiful fortresses in the entire country with its rich architectures and intriguing history.
- Hike from the road point through the golden paddy field to the temple of the divine madman.
- Find the symbolic phallus of the divine madman inside the temple, considered to be sacred for the couples who can’t have children. It’s believed that they can give birth with the blessing of this holy phallus.
Punakha - Gangtey
- Head to Gangtey valley, named after the impressive Gangtey Monastery, a vast U-shaped glacial valley where the graceful black-necked cranes in Bhutan from the Tibetan plateau visit during the winter season to the roost.
Gangtey - Paro
- Visit the striking Gangtey Goemba, sitting at the head of the valley, and perhaps strolling thru the quaint Gangtey Village.
- Visit the black neck crane center and depend on the season, time spent in the center nearby. Hide is a must to view the breeding cranes.
- Proceed to Thimphu.
- Stop at the Dochula Pass while on your way, that divides Punakha valley from Thimphu valley. At the saddle of the pass, you will see a spectacular temple and 108n magnificent stupas, which were built in memory of great victory over the multiple Indian insurgents who intruded out the country in the 90s.
- Head to the Tiger Nest.
- Hike the Tiger Nest, (about 2 Hours up and 1 hour down), the most visited Temple in the country.
- Visit the National Museum and the Paro Rinpung Dzong.
- Walk down the trail that leads you to the Paro Rinpung Dzong or the Fortress of the Piled up Jewels.
- Experience walking through the oldest cantilever bridge existing in the country. This bridge is known as “No Nails” and it is a typical example of Bhutanese Architecture.
- Check out from the hotel after breakfast.
- Transfer to the Paro airport.
Terma Linca Resort & Spa (Thimphu)Terma Linca is like the refreshing dose of comfort while you are travelling or looking for a place to relax. It offers the place of zen and peace to transport you to stress-free and tranquil heaven-like experience.
- Fitness center and hot stone bath
- Experience in Bhutan’s national sport, Archery
- 24-hour front desk
- Paro Airport 13.5 miles
RKPO, Green Resort (Punakha)RKPO Green Resort sits in the heart of the verdant and lush Punakha Valley. Flanked by thick pine forests, it overlooks the Punakha valley and hundreds of paddy fields that stair-step down to the valley floor. It is surrounded by plentiful walking and trekking trails.
- Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.
- 24-hour front desk
- Paro Airport 30.8 miles
Naksel Boutique Hotel & SpaNaksel, a community-based project that is eco friendly and Energy Saver efficient, blends the heritage of traditional Bhutanese architecture and the comfort of modern amenities. Main construction materials for Naksel are indigenous and locally purchased. Traditional windows, mud-bricks, framework and even furniture were locally crafted here in Ngoba Village, connecting Naksel to the surrounding forest.
- Spa and wellness center, a sauna and garden
- Free Wi-Fi access is available throughout
- Paro Airport 3.5 miles
Terms & Conditions:
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact email@example.com for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.