The province of Gansu is synonymous with the Silk Road, the gap through which goods and ideas once streamed between China and Central Asia. Visit Gansu, and you will discover a totally different China!
About This Trip
Price: From 1339 USD / per person
Best time to visit: Summer and Autumn
Experience: Adventure, Desert, Culture, History
- Enjoy desert activities and sunset
- Explore Great Wall on the Cliff
- Visit silk road ancient pass
- Discover the national geological park
Private car: All transfers mention in the itinerary.
Entrance fees: All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
English Speaking guide: Professional guide will accompany you along your trip.
Hotel with breakfast: All accommodations are based on double-occupancy and including breakfast.
Gratuities: Tips for guides and drivers are not included.
Personal expenses: Meals, travel insurance or activities not mention in the itinerary.
Airplane Transport: International or domestic flights and excess baggage charge.
The private tour could be fully customizable based on your preference. Please feel free to chat with our travel constants, they are here to support you!
Day 1: Welcome to Xining
- Upon arrival in Xining, meet with your driver, be transferred to Ta’er Monastery.
- Visit Ta'er monastery (Kumbum Monastery), the most populous monks outside of Tibet.
- After the visit, you will be transferred to the hotel and check-in.
Day 2: Fall upon the Qinghai Lake
- After breakfast in the hotel, you will be transferred to Qinghai Lake.
- Enjoy the magnificent scenery of Qinghai Lake, which is the largest inland salt water lake in China.
- On the way back to Xining for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Visit Mati Temple
- This morning you will catch the express train from Xining to Zhangye.
- Proceed the tour to Mati Temple where were built in Jin Dynasty. The temple was named for the horseshoe prints left by the legendary heaven horse, which become the treasure of the temple.
- Spend a night at Kaoshan Tent.
Day 4: Enjoy danxia landscape
- After breakfast, your driver will pick you up and start the tour.
- We will head to the splendid Zhangye Danxia National Geological Park, which is the most typical arid area of northern China.
- After that, continue the tour to Binggou Danxia.
- Drive to Jiayuguan, stay overnight in Jiayuguan.
Day 5: Great Wall on the Cliff
- After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, today we will head to Jiayuguan with about 3 hours driving.
- Upon arrival, the tour will start from the Jiayuguan pass, this Ming Dynasty fort guards the strategic Jiayuguan pass, at the western end of the Great Wall - this was the last section built by the Ming Dynasty.
- After that, you will explore the Great Wall Museum, which was opened to the public in October 1989 and it is the first one to exhibit the Great Wall culture in a comprehensive and systematic way.
- Thereafter, we are going to visit the Great Wall on the Cliff, The wall here was built on the ridge with a gradient of 45 degrees.
- After the visit, you will be transferred to the railway station, take the train to Dunhuang.
- Upon arrival in Dunhuang, you will be picked up by your driver and go to your hotel. Have a good rest.
Day 6: Immerse in the desert
- This morning we will visit Mogao Grottoes, this UNESCO World Heritage site is one of the great artistic and religious wonders of the world and it is famous for its exquisite murals and various sculptures inside the caves.
- Visit Sand Mountain & Crescent Lake and enjoy the sunset in the desert.
- Thereafter, enjoy a walking tour at the Shazhou Night Market, the most bustling place of Dunhuang at night, taste the local cuisine and buy some souvenirs for your family and friends.
Day 7: Dive into national geological park
- Today we will spend a whole day exploring the geological landscape of Dunhuang, the first site we will visit is the Yangguan Pass, a crucial gateway to ancient Chinese land transportation and the necessary pass of the Silk Road.
- Thereafter, we will travel to the amazing Yadan National Geological Park, also called "Yadan Ghost City", which is the largest one of Yadan Landform found so far.
Day 8: Goodbye Dunhuang
- Transfer to airport and have a safe flight back home.
Terms & Conditions
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.