Phu Quoc is the largest island in Vietnam and part of the Kien Giang Province together with other nearby islands which form the Phu Quoc District. The island is located in the Gulf of Thailand and the district includes the main island and 21 other islets. Before the tourist boom, Phu Quoc was just a sleepy backwater town but now it has become a must-visit beach escape for the sun worshippers and for those who want to escape the busy life. It’s white sand beaches and amazing array of seafood and still-forested jungles make it a great getaway still.
Best time to visit : November to March
Attractions : Coconut Tree Prison, Dinh Cau Rock, War Memorial, Truong Beach, Phu Quoc National Park, Suoi Tranh Waterfall, Mount Chua, Sung Hung Pagoda.
Things to do
8 Must Try Things to Do
- Take a relaxing hike through the Phu Quoc National Forest.
- Take a tour of a pepper plantation.
- Look for a desolate beach at Vung Bau and enjoy sunbathing or swimming.
- Visit the Dinh Cau temple.
- Experience the sunset at Long Beach,
- Enjoy discovering the amazing Sao Beach.
- Take a tour of a local fish sauce factory.
- Learn more about the history of Phu Quoc at the Coconut Tree Prison.
Recommended Resorts / Hotels
1. The Shells Resort and Spa Phu Quoc
The Shells Resort and Spa Phu Quoc is a beachfront property situated on the shores of Duong Dong. This property is one of the best vantage points to enjoy the prime beach and coastal surroundings of this area. Its 134 well appointed rooms with private balconies offer sea views and are well equipped with modern amenities for comfort. The resort features an outdoor pool, fitness centre, spa facility, and recreational facilities for its guests.
- 4-Star Resort & Spa Property.
- 30-minute drive from PhÃº Quá»‘c International Airport.
- Flow Restaurant serving up the best seafood dishes in the area.
- Shells Phu Quoc Spa, outdoor pool, private beach area, fitness centre, meeting and function facilities.
2. JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort
JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort is a resort dream. Nestled on the coast of Khem beach, this lovely resort with a whimsical design by the famed architech Bill Bensley, is a one-of-a-kind property in Phu Quoc. Its 244 suites and rooms offer stunning views of the bay and have a modern and chic look to them as well. The resort features an outdoor swimming pool, landscaped gardens, full service spa, and a fitness centre for guest use.
- 5-Star Luxury Resort.
- 15-minute drive from Phu Quoc International Airport.
- Great onsite dining options.
- Full service spa facilities, outdoor swimming pool, private beach, multilingual front desk, water and land recreational activities.
3. La Veranda Resort Phu Quoc
Beautifully nestled amidst a tropical garden on Phu Quoc Island, the La Veranda Resort Phu Quoc is a wonderful and intimate private resort in an elegant and luxurious setting. Its charming French colonialy style architecture is one of a kind. Trip Advisor has recognized the property as one of the best Phu Quoc hotels and Vietnam resorts there are. The resort features a lounge bar, swimming pool, day spa, and water sports for guests to further enjoy their stay on the island.
- 5-Star Boutique Resort.
- 20-minute drive from Phu Quoc International Airport.
- The Pepper Tree Restaurant with its award winning chefs and sweeping views of the sea.
- Day spa, outdoor pool, onsite dining options, water and land recreational activities, lounge bar, private beach.
4. Fusion Resort Phu Quoc
Fusion Resort Phu Quoc is a Spa Inclusive resort located in Cua Can is best for some relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Its secluded location and intimate ambiance are perfect for those seeking a reprieve but the city center is also nearby for those who want access to the city’s main attractions. All of the resorts thatched villas offer beach and river views and are well equipped for guest comfort and relaxation.
- 5-Star Resort.
- 55-minute drive from Phu Quoc International Airport.
- Spa Inclusive resort.
- Outdoor swimming pool, onsite restaurant, fitness centre, children’s playground, private beach.
- We offer full tour packages with customised itineraries including Airport Pick Up and Drop Off, Meet & Greet Services, Hotel and Resort Accomodation, Attractions and SightSeeing, English-Speaking Tour Guides, Ground Transfer to more than 27 Countries and 90 destinations.
- Itinerary planning including special activities according to your preference and needs from our professional Travel Expert Consultants.
- From Boutique to 4 Star value up to 5 star superior hotel recommendation and booking services according to your preference and needs no matter if you are on a family vacation, couple's retreat, nature indulging holiday, thrill-seeking adventure, or quiet escapade.
- Free Consulting from local and international airfare bookings, as well as added value reservation services like hotels and resorts, English speaking tour guide and entrance fees for scenic spots.
- Tourist Visa services to different countries.
- Seat selection and web check-in to make your travel experience more comfortable and hassle free.
- Flight/train ticket booking according to your preferred schedule.
- Hotel booking confirmation with guest details prior to your arrival.
- Itinerary adjustment services to give you more flexibility during your holiday.
- Personal Travel Consultant you can counsel with for unpredictable travel issues and who will provide real-time solutions.
- Should you wish to book this package, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact email@example.com for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above packages are our recommended hotel accommodations, should you wish to stay in your chosen hotel, let us know and we will provide the best quotation.
- To provide the best available quotation of flight tickets and hotel accommodation, to lock in the rate and secure availability, kindly contact our Hotline.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.