Expats Holidays is a top proficient travel agency in China which caters not only to the expats living in China, but also for the people coming from other countries to China for leisure or business travel.

Latest Posts

Guide to Renew Your Expired Passport in China


Have you met the expired passport issue in China? Recently, two of EH Guru’s friends let a passport emergency ruined all their travel plans. What a pity! EH Guru thinks many expats living in China might be going through the same issue with their expired passports. What to do when you find out your passport is expired?Of course, you can go back to your own country as long as your country has an Embassy & Consulates in China.


But, how do you renew your passport in china?


01 American

You can apply for a passport renewal at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing/Chengdu/Guangzhou/Shanghai/Shenyang/Wuhan, China.

The first step is to complete the online application form.

After you have entered the requested information, the wizard generates a PDF file form with a two-dimensional (2D) barcode. You then have to print out the form and submit it to the American Citizen Services Unit of the consulate during regular public hours (from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday through Thursday).

There is a data center at the American Citizen Services section of the consulate that American citizens can use to complete and print out the application form at the Consulate.

You need to submit the following:

* Current passport

* 1 recent 2×2’ (5×5 cm) photo

* Passport application form (If your present passport was valid for 10 years, complete form DS-82. If your present passport was only valid for 5 years, complete but do not sign form DS-11

* Passport fee

We strongly encourage you to fill out your passport applications online, print them, and bring them to Embassy or Consulate to renew your passport. This will greatly reduce the time you have to spend at the Embassy or Consulate.

Please visit https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/embassy-consulates/.for more info.


2 British

You can apply for a passport renewal at the UK Visa Application Centre in Beijing/ Chongqing/Guangzhou/Shanghai.

How to apply? Download the application form. Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you fill in the application form. Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos or your application may be delayed. Check the guidance notes to find out which supporting documents you must send with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English – including documents showing an address – fully translated by a professional translator.

You must include all your supporting documents with your application. You’ll get 6 weeks to provide any that are missing. Your application will be canceled and you won’t get a refund if you don’t provide them in time.

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring a photo ID with you. Bring original supporting documents and a color photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you. You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full-color photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied. They will contact you – using the details on your application form – when your passport is ready to collect. You must collect in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf.

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one – but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

Visit https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-beijing for more info.


3 Germany

You can apply for a passport renewal at the German Embassy in Beijing/Chengdu/Guangzhou/Shanghai/Shenyang/Hong-kong, China.

Please visit https://china.diplo.de/cn-deor make phone calls at +86-(0)10-8532-9000 for more detail.

Do you have any expired passport experience? Welcome to share with us.


  • visa for turkey

    July 15, 2019

    When someone writes an article he/she maintains the image of a
    user in his/her brain that how a user can know it.
    So that’s why this article is amazing. Thanks!

Leave a Reply: