Latest information about Covid-19 epidemic in Sanya
You might have some questions about the current lockdown in Sanya. We have prepared this article for you and hope it can provide you some useful information.
Sanya COVID-19 situation overview
- According to the Hainan government news, Sanya has been in lockdown starting from 6:00 am on August 6, 2022. Sanya Municipal Government Service Hotline 0898 – 12345.
- From August 6, 2022, the number of high-risk areas have been adjusted to 168 while the number of middle-risk areas have been adjusted to 67. High-risk areas: Jiyang District (40 areas) Tianya District (74 areas) Yazhou District (54 areas). Middle-risk areas: Jiyang District (16 areas) Tianya District (29 areas) Yazhou District (22 areas)
- People in high-risk areas are not allowed to go out of the room and should use door-to-door shipping services. If the area does not have new COVID-19 cases within 7 days plus all the people in the area get negative COVID-19 tests, then the area will turn into a middle-risk area. If there are no new cases within 3 days then the area will turn into a low-risk area.
- People in middle-risk areas are allowed to move around the community at specific times and get daily necessities. If the area does not have new COVID-19 cases within 7 days plus all the people in the area get negative COVID-19 tests, then the area will turn into a low-risk area.
- After completing the 7-day risk investigation, the relevant requirements for leaving the Sanya will be notified soon. Counting from August 6, you are recommended to take the COVID-19 test on day 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7. If you would like to book the flight now, it is suggested to book the flight after August 14. Please note that prices for flight tickets are fluctuating day by day, you are suggested to book earlier if possible.
- Buses, taxis, flights and trains will be suspended. There will be certificated vehicles to ensure the basic operation of the city.
- No travel history to Sanya since July 23 and those who are currently not in the epidemic cities and counties (districts). You need to take 3 times of COVID-19 tests within 72 hours, when all the tests are negative you can leave Hainan.
Frequently asked questions about Covid-19 epidemic in Sanya
Q: What medical institutions in Sanya are 24 hours open for PCR?
A: Please kindly check the below information.
1. Sanya Central Hospital 三亚中心医院（第三人民医院）
Location: No.1154, Jiefang Si Lu, Sanya City, Hainan Province, China (海南省三亚市天涯区解放路1154号)
2. Sanya People’s Hospital (三亚市人民医院)
Location: No. 558 Jiefang Road, Sanya City, Hainan Province, China (三亚市天涯区解放路558号)
3. PLA General Hospital Hainan Hospital (解放军总医院海南医院)
Location: No. 80 Jianglin Road, Haitang District, Sanya city (三亚市海棠区江林路)
Q: What are the specific epidemic requirements when entering and leaving the community you live in?
A: There will only be one to two exits reserved for each community. Residents can go out to buy supplies one time in every 2 days with their pass or order living supplies online.
Q: What are the travel restrictions in Wanning?
A: Travelers from high-risk areas or middle-risk areas are not accepted in Wanning. If you are from low-risk areas and have not been to Sanya for the past 7 days you will be requested a negative COVId-19 test within 48 hours. Two COVID-19 tests within 3 days after arriving in Wanning. (Hotline: 0898 – 62223575)
Q: What are the travel restrictions in Haikou?
A: After 00:00 pm on August 6, all travelers need to provide 2 negative COVID-19 tests within 48 hours (interval ≥ 24 hours) and pass the temperature measurement. Scan the location code and check the health code before entering Haikou Meilan Airport Terminal, Haikou ports and Haikou Train Station. (Hotline: 0898 – 68701038)
You are welcome to join our Sanya group to get the latest updates! Please scan below QR Code. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a message in the group and we are here to help. Please add WeChat: Expatsholiday if you can not join the group.