Fujian is famous for its landmarks named Tulou, pure and clean Gulangyu Island, and the breathtaking Wuyi Mountain. Besides, you can meet the renowned Hakka cultural people who still live there with a great history of hundreds of years.
About This Trip
Price: From 1035 USD / per person
Best time to visit: Spring and Autumn
Experience: Family-friendly, Hiking, Natural, Culture
- Hike Wuyi Mountain
- Discover Gulangyu island
- Appreciate the Fujian Tulou
- Enjoy Bamboo rafting on Jiuqu Stream
Private car: All transfers mention in the itinerary.
Entrance fees: All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary.
English Speaking guide: Professional guide will accompany you along your trip.
Hotel with breakfast: All accommodations are based on double-occupancy and including breakfast.
Gratuities: Tips for guides and drivers are not included.
Personal expenses: Meals, travel insurance or activities not mention in the itinerary.
Airplane Transport: International or domestic flights and excess baggage charge.
The private tour could be fully customizable based on your preference. Please feel free to chat with our travel constants, they are here to support you!
Day 1: Welcome to Xiamen
- Pick you up at Xiamen Airport (XMN) and transfer you to your hotel.
- After check-in your hotel, your guide will take you to discover Gulangyu, a small island full of various Western-style buildings built in the second half of 19th century.
- Arrive at the tourist dock by car, and then take ferry boat (about 30 minutes) to Gulangyu. While on the island, the guide will lead you walk around and pay special visits at the following sites: Shuzhuang Garden, the Piano Museum and the bustling Longtou Road Commercial Street.
Day 2: Explore Nanjing Tulou
- In the morning, drive to Nanjing (about 3 hours on road) to appreciate the world-heritage Fujian Tulou- unique and traditional dwellings for Hakka lived in rural mountainous areas in the southeast of Fujian. This includes Tianluokeng Tulou cluster, Yuchang Building, and Taxia Village.
- Overnight at Nanjing.
Day 3: More Tulou in Yongding
- Today, continue your Tulou exploration by visiting Yongding which is the largest Tulou Area and Hongkeng Tulou Cluster is the most well-known. It includes most kinds of earthen buildings, different in shape and size. Learn to make Minnan snacks with Hakka people----strike glutinous rice cake (Da Ci Ba), Yu Zi Bao.
- Then, transfer back to Xiamen.
Day 4: Tea road of XiaMei
- Transfer to the station for the high-speed train to Wuyi Mount. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to the hotel. It takes about 20 minutes' to Wuyishan Scenic Area.
- In the afternoon, you will go to XiaMei ancient dwellings which is part of the Wuyishan World Heritage Site and is where the Ancient Tea Road began.
Day 5: Miracle Wuyi Mountain
- In the afternoon, you will take a bamboo rafting down Jiuqu Stream (Nine-bend Stream) to view the picturestic scenery. The cliff coffins is another highlight during the cruise. They are relics of the ancient Yue people’s funeral Traditions and as for why they were keeping this strange funeral tradition still remains unknown today.
Day 6: Tea exploration
- This morning you will go to a tea plantation at Wuyishan and learn how to pick tea-leaves and how to make tea.
- Followed by the visit to Da Hong Pao Scenic Area. You can enjoy the tea plantation and taste Da Hong Pao tea which is one of Top Ten Famous Tea in China.
Day 7: Goodbye Xiamen
- Take the train back to Xiamen and have a safe flight back home.
Terms & Conditions
- Should you cancel at outside 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, the cost of tour package is refundable.
- Should you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel after the trip has started, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to late arrival, early departure, missed days during the tours and non-participation.
- Should you wish to book this tour, please send your holiday request to us in the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. We also customize itineraries according to your schedule and liking.
- The above tour package includes the listed itinerary and excludes flight tickets, train tickets and hotel booking.
- We can also book your flights and hotel accommodation.
- We can definitely help you find great deals for International and Local Flights and Hotels within and outside China.
- Please note that the cancellation and booking policy of flight tickets and hotel bookings are to be sent to you separately.
- We offer Visa Services and Assistance according to you needs.
- For other travel requirements such as Ski Package, Diving, Weddings - please contact our Hotline:(+86)187-2197-8867.
- To take advantage of the best rates and the best travel options, we highly recommend to secure the booking at least 60 days from the first date of travel.